Friends of Bannerman Road turned 1 at the AGM in April. A huge THANK YOU to all the pupils, parents, carers and teachers who have supported us over our first year – we have raised over £5,000 for the school.
Below are details of where the money has been spent:
- Temporary outdoor musical play equipment in the playground.
- A crash mat for gymnastics.
- A badge maker for lunchtime monitors and after school club.
- Colston Hall’s Festival of Sound for years 2, 3 and 4 as part of UWE music outreach, we also helped towards the coach travel costs.
- Dragonbird Theatre visited the school and performed Mr Clement and the Weather for Reception.
- An artist who came in and worked with years 1 and 2 to make and create animals out of clay and collage.
- An artist who is coming in to work with years 5 and 6 to create and experiment with film.
- Yew Tree’s (year 6) coach travel to Dunster where they will meet their pen pals and learn about how village school life is different to Bannerman and also see the countryside, including the woods and the castle.
We are always asking the teachers for a ‘wish list’ so if there is something you would like us to fundraise for speak to your class teacher or let us know.